1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32nx200 - audio and video connections...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by neeshman, Apr 19, 2003.

1. neeshman

neeshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sony dav-s300 dvd player (which is one of the older ones), which doesnt have a scart connection for video, only s-video. What would be the best way to connect to the tv. I saw that the 32 nx200 has svideo, but it is located on the front panel. I would like to know of a better way of connecting the tv up to the dvd player ( i do not have the tv yet, only saw it in comet today)...

Also how would i hook up the audio? does the tv have an optical output, because i think the dvd has an optical input (which presumably is the best way of connecting audio...)

i am completely new to this so people who have the tv (as well as any others) please explain as much as possible...

thanks a lot.....

neeshman :smashin:

p.s this is the spec of the dvd player:
    http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/homeentertainment/dreamsystems/dav-s300_specs.shtml

2. neeshman

neeshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no-one????

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
  4. neeshman

neeshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will this give the optimum audio settings?

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    It will simply take the normal 'stereo' audio direct to the tv in ADDITION to the davs' own speaker system.

Either have the tv vol turned down and use the davs speakers for full home cinema, or alternatively you could listen to the audio via the tv's internal speakers.

6. neeshman

neeshman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you know anything of the optical audio settings on the tv? (are there any?)

cheers