32m87 or something else?

Zeiri

Standard Member
So I'm going to buy a new 32" tv. I watch a lot of sport (football), watch tv and dvd, play PS3, watch blu-ray movies and use a computer. I have been looking for Samsung 32m87 and some other tvs. There is some questions that I need answers before I will go and buy tv.

For 32m87:
1. Can i turn off the 100hz?
2. Does it have 24p?
3. Does it accept 1080p and downscale it to the native resolution?

I have also looking for the new 32A557 but I'm not sure if its worth of extra 200€.

If someone have some other tv models to recommend, feel free to do that.

ChrisGgr

Definitely agree with felsi,the M87 is a model to avoid

Zeiri

Standard Member
So what makes the m87 so bad tv? I went to the local electronic shop today and there were 32m86(same as m87) and 32A557 next to each others. They were showing discovery hd and the picture was almost the same at both of those models, only the m86 was a little smoother than A557 witch has a little better colours. I know it's hard to compare tvs in the shops because there is often so bright lightning in the shops but in my local electronic shop they have all the tvs in big room where the lights have been switched down.

So is there some problems in the 32m87 or why its not a good choice? I have been interrested also to that Toshiba model, but I haven't found it nowhere here in Finland so I wouldn't like to buy a tv which I haven't seen before. I have heard that Toshiba tvs don't have as good black level as the others, is that true? I would still like to gett some information about it.

Also I have looked for that new sony model but I think the old 32D3000 has better picture. Both of those Sony models are also very expensive.

ChrisGgr

The main disadvantage of M87 was the reliabilty,the A559 is way better at this aspect.Toshiba's have greatly improved and offer good black level now.

Zeiri

Standard Member
For 32m87:
2. Does it have 24p?
Still need answers for these questions.

ChrisGgr

1.I think yes
2.Yes
3.I dont know

Zeiri

Standard Member
2. Does it have 24p?
So I have pm a few guys who has this same tv and now I can answer these questions myself. Thanks to those who did response me.
1. No, I can't turn off the 100hz.
2. No it doesn't have 24p. support.
3. Yes, the tv can take in 1080p and downscale it to its native resolution.

So now I don't know if I still want to have this tv, because it doesn't have the 24p support.

Now I'm very interested for the Toshiba tv 32XV505DG witch is 1080p, has 24p, good contrast... But I would really gett some more information about it because I had also haerd that even when the contrast look good on paper its really isn't that good comparated to the others and it doesn't really handle the 24p perfect. Also I would like to know what is difference between this 32XV505DG and 32XV515DG models?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom