1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32LS60 - first impressions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by testcard, Feb 22, 2003.

1. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After weeks trawling through the threads on this site, and spending hours hanging around Currys, Comet and Sony Centres, I finally decided to order a 32LS60 three weeks ago from my local SS. It finally arrived this afternoon, so thought I would post a mini-review. Was a little nervous about my buy after reading both positve and negative reviews on Sony sets.

Anyway, after 40 minutes, the stand was assembled, and the set was sitting on top. It looks great - subtle curves, and the fact that the stand is narrower than the set makes the whole unit look very neat. It doesn't dominate the room like my old, black Phillips 32". Be careful if you have more than 3 other black or silver boxes to fit into the stand. My Sony DVD sits on the top shelf, with a Panasonic Sky box stacked with a Panasonic VCR on the bottom, and it's a tight fit. A very tight fit. In fact, I've left the rear panel off to aid ventilation. The remote is slim, stylish, and very east to use.

But the good news is that the picture is great! The SKY picture is sharp, well-defined and very clean. Even with a terrestrial signal, the picture is still very good, and I live in a poor reception area.

Pictures from a DVD also look stunning. I've found that the default picture settings for "Personal" are fine - but might try a tweak or two after it's all settled in. Not sure if the "Dynamic" audio setting makes a lot of difference, and haven't really auditioned "Virtual Dolby" yet.

A final piece of good news - no buzz! A faint hum from the rear of the set - but only if I listen from about 6" away.

So, no regrets at all so far, and a positive 9 out of 10 marks. Might even give it 10 out of 10 once I've spent a few more hours in couch potato mode.
    :D

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Hi,

Glad your please with your tv so far even though I dont own it. Just nice to see some happy sony customers for once :)

Strange thing is none of the sony I have had in the past 3 weeks have buzz which is 3 FX66 and my current FQ80 which is so far staying where it is as I cant fault it at the moment :)

The FX66 the all had some sort of white cloud effect well 2 of them did but one of them was bad picture all round like the colour guns were not allign properly.

BUT the FQ80 is fantastic at the moment. Hope it stays that way

3. testcard

testcard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Sounds like we're both happy Sony bunnies:)
    Glad that you found a Sony that doesn't buzz. Must admit I nearly considered another maker after reading all the posts about the buzz problems others have had. No regrets so far:smashin:

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Well it just seem odd. like you will of read above it 4 sony i have had in 3 weeks in which none of them did not buzz like many people mention on here. I wonder if the power supply buzz is down to different areas of the country power supply through sockets. I no idea but just wonder if that made much different. As all i can say 4 sony and no buzz hmmm