32LG3000 vs JVC LT-32P80

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by pina, Feb 3, 2009.

1. pina

pina
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm just desperate and I'm seeking for some professional opinions. Today, I saw the 32LG3000 and the JVC LT-32P80. The JVC costs 597 euro, the LG costs 450 euros.

I only have got analogue cable signal, no digital tv and I'm also using it to watch moviefiles from my mediaplayer (popcorn hour). The file sizes are 350MB for an episode, so SD-files.

In the store, I watched both LCD's analogue signal and the salesman told me that the quality of both LCD's are realy good. He first thought the JVC would beat the LG easily. But the mayor advantage of the JVC is, that it's a 100hz LCD.

I just can't choose which one to take. Is the JVC acutally worth the 100 extra? Is the processing upscaling unit of the LG better or the one from JVC? It's just a shame that the JVC doesn't have got DVBT but it has got pip. I'm just scared that the LG would often be too slow because of its 50hz. When playing f.e. games with many fast gameplay like a racing game, it should be really bad i guess?

Could anyone give me some advice?

2. boxrick

boxrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Current jvc lcds are terrible imho.... the 100hz is attrocious, the contrast and scaling are poor. Avoid them.

3. pina

pina
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit that the dynamic contract ratio is much lower then the LG's one... but read some opinions of buyers that the blacks are pretty good