32LG3000 HDMI port problem?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by nateos, Feb 8, 2009.

1. nateos

nateos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my 32LG3000 coming up to a year ago now and is still under guarantee so if worst comes to worst i can get it repaired. However recently i purchased a new graphics card for my computer (Force 3D 4670) which is now linked via HDMI to my LG TV which works fine. I also have an Xbox 360 which was originally linked through HDMI but as the HDMI cable broke (conveniently just as i ordered one for my computer) i plugged in the new one i purchased for my computer. I then turned on my T.V to see the picture and it came up with a black screen with a delightful message bouncing around the screen - "No Signal". I have tried resetting settings, restarting but can't get it too come up with a picture as it did before. At first i thought it was the cable so i tried it with my 360 in another T.V and works fine. Is there any reason for this?:confused: Additionally, this issue is with every HDMI port in the TV, 3 altogether which detect that i have connected something through the 'input selection'.

2. ptruman

ptruman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Check all the connecting pins/connectors on the TV & cable - it's *possible* (but unlikely) one as damaged.

Obvious things :

1) Have you bought an HDMI 1.3 specced cable?
    2) Does the PC detect the TV as a display device? (it should do). If not, it would suggest the cable or TV was not happy

If the 360 works with the same cable in another TV it would point to the TV connection (or TV) having a problem. Try a complete powerdown (unplug it from the mains entirely) for 30 - 60 mins and then fire it up again. Sounds daft, but if the TV has a cracked solder joint on the A/V lines somewhere, heat will expand it and stop it working - but when it cools, it might touch enough to work until it warms up again (I've had this with a graphics card).

But, as you said the 360 and cable work on another device, it points to the TV - so I'd ring and get it examined whilst it's under warranty!

On a side, has anyone else near you (friends etc) got an HDMI output device they can bring over and try for you?