1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32LD7200 Help

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rossscott, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rossscott

rossscott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Any help for a newbie much appreciated. :lease:

Received this set yesterday and I am having some setup troubles.

I have an Oppo DVD Player that I am trying to connect to the set via DVI-DVI with the supplied cable from Oppo. Picture looks ace but I need to get some audio to theTV so used the L/R cables from the DVD player and plugged them into Audio for RGB 1 and 2 and I dont get any sound. Am I doing something wrong here ?

Also the Oppo is an upscaling player for those that dont know and when I press the DVI button (which the manual says to do to upscale to 720 etc) I just get a stop sign as if this operation is prohibited.

I also tried to connect my sony viao laptop via VGA and just get out of sync error when windows loads ? I tried to drop my screen res to 1280x768 but still had no joy. any info on how to get my lappy working so I can see some HD on the set would be much appreciated.

Also big thanks to Lordpewee for the settings as this improved my sky alot... :clap:

Thanks folks !
    Ross

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    With regards to the Oppo, make sure you're using the outputs on the far left (mixed channels or something like that) and you can't change the resolution (or some of the advanced settings) when a disc is in.

It sounds like you may also have the audio in the wrong place; on my television (a Samsung) there's an audio input right next to the HDMI (DVI in your case) input for it.

As for the laptop, you probably need to send the screen either 1280x720 @ 60Hz, or 1360x768 @ 60Hz. If neither of them work, try 1024x768 @ 60Hz.

3. rossscott

rossscott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will try these tomorrow but if anyone else can help please do so....especially on getting some sound with DVDs.

cheers
    ross

4. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    You've got what I was planning rossscott, oh, I see, ross scott.

32LD7200
    Oppo
    Vaio

It'll be interesting to see how you get on. I'm still waiting for the Hitachi. Did you buy your Oppo in US or UK?

5. llawnroc

llawnroc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rossscott: I'm having the same issue when I connect my computer as well. The way i've found to fix it is to turn the television on before the PC. i believe it is to do with the VGA signal, but not had a chance to take a closer look.

Maybe when the wife is away at the weekend I can investigate!!!

6. rossscott

rossscott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rhubarbe

I got the Oppo from the Uk from ITSupplies and they delivered next day and very friendly service ...definately recommend the player tho as it blows my old player out of the water but that was one of the first sony's so I was expecting it to be alot better. Still amazed at the pic quality ....going to buy a bib for all the drooling im doing just now :thumbsup: cant wait to see HD on it !

Cheers
    Ross

7. rossscott

rossscott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Llwanrock

Thanks for the tip !

I managed to get the screen to display the windows XP bootup logo but when windows loads to the login screen it just goes out of sync....what resoulution is your computer set too ?

Cheers
    Ross

8. jbm

jbm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't happen to have PowerStrip or anything like this running? Because if it has the wrong settings....

The Hitachi through VGA should get the standard resolution up to the 1366x768 without a problem. Make sure the WXGA and WVGA settings in the LCD menu are correct (Yes and right res). Then try to output from the Vaio a low resolution with a low refresh rate, fex, 800x600 at 50Hz....this should work! After you can change directly on the screen to the 1366x768, if you card can do it!

It works great for me with a 6600GT, but of course it will all depend on your video card and drivers I guess...

Best,
    Jorge

9. rhubarbe

rhubarbe
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Thanks Ross, does your 32LD7200 buzz?

I'm holding off on the Oppo because I need a set with DVI and you can't get the 32LD7200 anywhere. Second choice Tosh 32WLT58 has 2 x HDMI and it seems a bit silly to start off having to buy DVI - HDMI converters. I don't see an HD DVD player with HDMI out that'll touch the Oppo on performance that that price, though.