32inch TV with Good inbuilt sound

johnr2110

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My elderly Mother is intending to purchase a 32" TV for the Bedroom. Good built in sound is a must as she won't want to be bothered with a Sound Bar. Also due to the input source 720P will suffice.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Samsung UE32J5100 has excellent sound. You need to play around with the equalizer to reduce the higher frequencies and increase bass though. It's 1080p but only costs £199 at the moment. Nice design too! Good PQ.

Samsung UE32J5100 has excellent sound. You need to play around with the equalizer to reduce the higher frequencies and increase bass though. It's 1080p but only costs £199 at the moment. Nice design too! Good PQ.
Signal received from Samsung Virgin Media box I'm not even sure it's even HD so 720p would be better I feel.

Signal received from Samsung Virgin Media box I'm not even sure it's even HD so 720p would be better I feel.

The scaling of SD on Samsung TV's is considered to be best there is and the J5100 is no exception. SD looks great. The Panasonic CS510 is 720p but apparently sound isn't that good and you're paying more. And just because there is less upscaling doesn't mean its processing is better than the Samsung's. Ditto the Sony R403C. So if you really want 720p you might have to compromise on sound. Which seems to be primary requirement. Still, you can take a horse to water...

The scaling of SD on Samsung TV's is considered to be best there is and the J5100 is no exception. SD looks great. The Panasonic CS510 is 720p but apparently sound isn't that good and you're paying more. And just because there is less upscaling doesn't mean its processing is better than the Samsung's. Ditto the Sony R403C. So if you really want 720p you might have to compromise on sound. Which seems to be primary requirement. Still, you can take a horse to water...
Obviously a Man speaking from experience. Thank you for the information.
Now to locate one.

Happy to help. I would try and buy from John Lewis or Richer Sounds as they both offer 5 year and 6 year free guarantee's for the same price as you would pay Curry, Argos, Amazon etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom