• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32inch gaming, 50Hz enough or 100Hz?

deancolt45

Standard Member
Okay I just started a thread in one of the sub forums about which TV should I buy, although I have just realised the main reason I can't decide is that I don't know if I need 100Hz... So assuming I bought a 32 inch tv, irrelevant of the model or manufacturer because that I can decide at later, do I need to fork out the cash to get something that is 100Hz..

My use of the TV is basically as a monitor for now, so for gaming essentially, with the prospect of buying a PS3 for it later for blu-ray and gaming, so 100Hz?

PS apologies if this thread seems similiar to my last, in my opinion its not :p

benhaha85

No, if you are using it for gming you don't need 100hz processing. All this does is add lag to your screen when playing games etc, it's only really useful for sports. As you say you really only want to use your screen as a monitor I'd recommend you take a look at the LG 32LH3000. They are recommended as one of the best screens for gaming due to it having very low input lag.

HTH.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom