1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32FX68 Blur on edges.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by AndyHickling, Jan 13, 2004.

1. AndyHickling

AndyHickling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I've noticed when viewing my Sky EPG that the left of the picture is slightly blurred.

I've yet to notice this on my XBox, but I don't have anything that puts text that far over...

I had a recording of a news ticker tape from my Sky+ box which looks fine. It didn't occur to me to try live TV with Sky news or similar...will try tonight.

Common fault?

Pic (1600x1200)

Thanks.

2. proto

proto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All CRT based televisions, whether 4:3 or 16:9, suffer from somewhat softer edges (poor convergence). I guess 16:9 televisions are a bit poorer in that respect. I've compared many models from different manufacturers and all have had this problem and it varies from unit to unit. My 32FX68 has it on both sides, but once I got over it, it hasn't bothered me since.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,027
    It isn't 'convergence' per se - that is a different issue. But, yes, in principle, all large CRTs are prone to this type of effect. Every example of every make of set will differ to some extent.

It's one of many reasons why I don't subsribe to the blanket view, expressed by many, that 'CRTs are the best picture'. In some respects, they are; in others (like this) they patently are not. Whilst they may have other artefacts, you wont see this happening on an LCD or a Plasma.