1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32fx66 problem....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jamez, May 10, 2003.

1. jamez

jamez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a quick search on this subject but couldn't find the answer (although I'm guessing there's a pretty simple answer out there!).

Basically I've had my 32fx66 for a few months now, but in the last couple of weeks I've noticed a kind of "shimmering" effect with the picture. There seems to be a slight flickering along the horizontal axis in the centre of the picture and sometimes the picture will slightly enlarge at the edges.
    I know the response will surely be to call up JL and get them on the case, but just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. It's very annoying and I'm desperately hoping there's a solution that doesn't involve my TV being taken away from me for a few weeks to get fixed.

I know we've all had varying experiences will JL re pricematching, but what's their engineering/maintenance like?

Cheers for any help anyone can offer...

2. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this happen on all sources - DVD, Sky, aerial ? Also, how are they connected - Scart, S-video etc?. What are your picture settings? - how high do you have the contrast and the sharpness? It is odd that this has only shown up now, whatever the problem is.

3. jamez

jamez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Happens on DVD, Sky and aerial. But I guess I should have also mentioned that it doesn't happen all the time. For example at the moment the picture on the Wolves - Reading match is perfect. But then at other times the problem just comes out of nowhere.

Thinking about it, generally it happens in the evenings, but no that's probably just the fact that I'm at work all day anyway and watch more TV in the evenings.

Could it possibly be some kind of atmospheric interference??? Everything is connected with fairly bog-standard Scart leads and I can't imagine it has anything to do with the picture settgings.

It is strange that it's only started happening a few weeks ago and that it's not a permanent problem.

Any other ideas out there?

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a 32fx66 and had some trouble with shimmering/pixelating on sky programs especially itv/bbc through sky so after some advice i forked out 40 quid for a monster video scart lead.....what a difference you can still get some shimmering on certain sky transmisions but this is unavoidable something to do with bandwith and bitrate etc......Since having the new lead my already great picture has become in the main stunning I've had this set up for 5 months now and it was 40 quid well spent!

Maybe you might try some new scarts i'm sure it will make a difference