1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32fx66 geometry?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ryanos, Jan 6, 2003.

1. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It is probably me but i feel the geo on my set is just slightly out .......verticaly it appears to bow upwards anyone else suffering?........Anyway not that big a problem to call out a useless non qualified engineer to tell me that the tv is in 'spec' etc so I am considering an attack on the service menu!........I know you will all stay clear but if i did venture towards it what on earth do i do !!:eek:

2. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go for it, mate!

I did, on my Tosh. In fact, i made a better job of it than them. But I've still had to call the engineer out for Monday, to correct the tilt.

Word of warning!

Do write down all the factory settings, before giving a go.

Have fun,
    JD

3. bruno_scalera

bruno_scalera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As John-D said write everything down.

I have the same problem on my 32FX66 TV. All the ones i've seen in the shops have the same horizontal bowing, part of the sony 'design'. I've got used to it now as everything else with the TV is great.

I have not been able to correct the horizontal bowing on my set (i don't think you can), i can't find a setting for it. But, you should be able to fix any vertical bowing that you might see in the service menu.