1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32fq75 hum

Discussion in 'TVs' started by magnatom, Nov 22, 2001.

1. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Has anyone else experienced a hum from their 32fq75? It is noticeable from a few feet away when the volume is low.
    I also have a problem with AV4 input. When I connect my Marantz sr5200 to this input I get black shadows moving from left to right. Are these know problems and are there fixes?

Cheers

magnatom

2. SteveMatt

SteveMatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently got a 28FX65 and have the same problem, someone tells me it's coming from the 100Hz scan coil making the noise, but I wouldn't have thought a Sony TV should make any noise.. Has anyone else contacted Sony about it?

3. Hunter

Hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats why mine went back.
    Another annoying quirck is the fault lines.
    Put on a copy of bugs life and pause it when the screen goes really bright.
    A third of the way down from the top and a quarter of the way up from the bottom see the thin hair lines.
    NOT what i expected from my Sony at all.:eek:

4. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hunter,

Apparently the thin lines are supposed to be there. It is part of the flat screen technology. I am not entirely sure of their purpose though.
    I have examined the TV more closely now and I have moving bars on all of the AV channels. I will be interested in Sonys response to this!

5. Spud205

Spud205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The moving bars you are talking about..are they from left to right...like a mist or haze going across the screen ?
    Other messages in this forum has mentioned this problem...annoying when you notice it

6. aevans

aevans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, the dark bands moving left to right are apparently a feature of some of these sets. I'm on my third and this is the first to have the problem. Speaking to Sony on a different issue, I was told there's an engineering fix for sets with this problem.