1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32dx50

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by steve2001, Jan 5, 2004.

1. steve2001

steve2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,
    i am in the same boat,looking for a 32dx50.as i watch just about all of my viewing on sky digtal and dvds.so do i need 100hz.i am leaning towards 50hz i am happy with my old 28 inch philips 50hz tv.i dont notice any flicker when i watch dvds or sky so why should it be any difference with 32 inch screen on a sony.i have found good price for the 32dx50 at http://www.digitaldirectuk.com the price is £673 with stand but i believe as they are a walk in shop john lewis will price match with a 5 year warrenty into the bargin.worth checking out !!

good luck every one i guess i will have to take the plunge soon

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2. steve2001

steve2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry guys john lewis dont look like they do 32dx50 only the dx150 but still a good price with second year warrenty when brought on your barclaycard

3. guires

guires

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve

I was told by a salesman that if I was intending to use a 32" Sony (I was discussing the relative merits of a DX50 and a DX150 at the time) with Sky Digital that a 50Hz model would actually be better (suffer from less flicker) but that a 100Hz model would be better suited to watching via DVD. Whether any of this is true I'll leave to the 'techies' to confirm or deny but thought I'd pass it on anyway! Since most of my viewing is on digital terrestrial tv and I haven't got a DVD this information didn't do me much good!!

I've plumped for the DX50 mainly due to the price difference (up to £300 depending on where I buy it!).

You say JL don't stock the DX50. Did you check this on JL.com or did you go into a JL store? JL in Newcastle stock the DX50 (£895) though whether different JL branches can order gear from other branches I'm not sure. Having read some interesting threads on this board about price matching I'm now going to try and get a price match with JL for this model.

4. steve2001

steve2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    guires
    thanks for info.i will check out the stores not the web site.you have just confirmed what i was told in powerhouse about 50 and 100 hz.salesperson told me i would be better of with dx50 not dx150 as i watch just about all my viewing with sky digital.i do have a digital ariel to put up which i guess i will need with the built in digital box.i was hoping to price match with jlewis as they will set up your new tv,and stand and put back your old dvd and video for £25 not to bad as we all know how tricky setting theses things can be.they say it should be piece of cake but it never is....

thanks again

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Masochist

Use the TVs built in tuner - better PQ on the important (BBC) channels!!!!!