1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32DTX11 Connectivity

Discussion in 'TVs' started by IndianaBlues, Aug 16, 2005.

1. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Hi,

I'm on the verge of buying the above tv, but am aware that it only has 2 scarts. This is the same as my current 4:3 Sony, so I don't foresee too many problems connecting my dvd, vhs and x-box up...however with my old Sony, the scarts had the ability to be connected:

1: RGB or normal
    2: S-VHS or normal

which allowed me to connect my DVD player (as it only as S-VHS out) to scart2 and my x-box/video to scart1 via a scart block.

With the panny will i still be able to run my x-box/vhs to the rgb scart AND still connect my DVD up without any extra hardware to the other scart?

Hope this makes sense.... :rolleyes:

2. Wingnut_72

Wingnut_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    The main fault was that the tv would switch it self off and then on again.

Also this tv has the dirty screen effect noticable on light scenes when the camera pans, your eye stays on the patches on the screen.

The second set had less of a dirty screen effect but still a problem.

The IDTV part is better than anologue but it's a little flaky the screen will go green now and again, and you can lose sound usually on itv. You have to switch the TV off to reset the IDTV, the problem has only occured when changing channel.
    These problems could relate to reception in my area.

AV1 I use for DVD
    AV2 for vhs
    AV3 = av connections at front or svideo at the front I used the AV for Xbox etc

I can't recommend the set and I'd have a look at one first before buying
    I am getting my money back.

3. IndianaBlues

IndianaBlues

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +355
    Thanks for the warning...very interesting - has anyone else got anything positive/negative to say about it? Searching the forum it doesn't appear to have much said about it...

4. thelawman

thelawman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I had my second (replacement) 28DTX11 delivered today. It's going back to John Lewis however: the picture quality on both sets has been excellent, but both have suffered from the switching on and off problem.

Not such a crucial issue, but the DTX11 EPG isn't the easiest to use - lots of scrolling and button-pressing is required to see what's currently on.

The scart options are quite useful: there are options to power on to AV; various options for AV1/AV2 out (DVB, monitor, etc); and Q-link can be set to either AV1 or AV2.

I now need to decide what to replace this one with - I'm leaning towards either a Sony DL11 or DX51.