Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

329617 Pixel Plus from Sound and Vision

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PrinceOfEgypt, Apr 28, 2002.

1. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Dear All,

You have probably read all the troubles i have had with Sound and Vision in Bolton.
    I recieved my philips 329617 a few days ago. Initially i was impressed with it, but the picture was no way near the quality as the set i saw on display in comet.
    The corners are bent, it has dark patches etc.
    Very disillusioned i looked on this forum for answers only to find that i have the panasonic tube!
    After giving back the panasonic TV a few weeks ago, i have now got a philips case with a panasonic tube in it.
    IM TOTALLY FED UP WITH EVERYTHING...
    I am going to call up Sound and Vision and ask for replacement or a refund today, because this is the worst nightmare...
    ROY at sound and vision please help, i want a philips tv not a hybrid panasonic tv.
    Many thanks...

PrinceOfEgypt...

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +534
    Though you may not believe me(due to other posts etc), but i have real sympathy for your situation. :(

You have spent a large amount of money, and you have still not got a TV you are happy with. I had a similar problem with Toshiba's first "real flat" TV. The dark patches were just not acceptable.

I had this swopped for a Panasonic 36PF10. Although most of the dark patches were gone on this set, it had other minor defects.
    One problem was a Moire effect on some material, another was a problem with chroma delay via RGB. I posted here about these problems at first. But found that as i settled into watching things, i stopped focusing on them.

The trouble is that we tend to examine our new TVs with a fine toothcomb. Looking for any defects, which we wouldn't normally see on normal viewing.
    Once we find them, we cannnot help but feel as if we have a dud.
    Most new TV's have small bends somewhere on the screen, it's a CRT trait. As for the dark patches, yes my TV has a small patch on the lower right hand side. It looks as if somebody has been a little to near with a magnet etc. I notice it now and then, but since it's only a small defect i just accepted it.

I am not saying your faults are acceptable. Only you can decide if you could live with them etc. It just that you can go mad with CRT TVs trying to get a perfect model!.

Anyway good luck with getting a replacement/refund.

Post back...good or bad, about S&Vs responce etc

Paul