1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

323ZP18 from John Lewis

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by AlPatch, Jan 3, 2002.

1. AlPatch

AlPatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading most if not all of the items on this post I have plucked up courage to order a 32ZP from JL. As well as hoping the set i get is fault free (if that's possible!) I noticed some people have taled about proce matching at JL.

When I asked JL they said the price they offer for a 32 (approx £1495 incl 5 year warr) was competitive as most other outlets don't include warranty. Can I get JL to match better price or not? Any help appreciated.

In the meantime I wait my 4-5 weeks for delivery before I have to pay anthing with nervous excitment. I may be revisting these pages once my set is up and running.......:rolleyes:

If anyone could give me an idea on the current range of serial numbers for new units this would be a good starting piont for when I get mine.

Thanks

2. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You could get the 36zp18 for that price & buy your 5 year cover from D&G for around £140.

Good luck

3. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have a quick look round the web and I think you will find it cheeper, however JL will only price match other shops, not web sites so you will need to find an outlet with a high street presence. Hi-Spek have it for £1250.88. I'm sure others will have a similar or better price.

Good luck with the set, I have the 36" and am very happy with it despite the problems:)

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

JL will match the price as long as it is a shop where you can go and buy it from. They also need to have it in stock and have free delivery (unless you collect it from JL).

You should insist that they do an "Undersale". It will take them about 4 days to get it authorised but they are obliged to do so as it is JL policy to price match.

I did exactly the same at JL in High wycombe (see my post on the Panasonic TX36PB50).

The 5 year guarantee is FREE and they are not allowed to link it to the price - otherwise they cannot call it free - it would be against the law.

If your JL is causing problems then contact head office or the HW brance. HW can do the undersale and then you can make your local JL match that.

Cheers,

Paul

5. AlPatch

AlPatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to you all!!!!

JL proced matched Hi-Spek prices in about 20 minutes and amended the order to match.

It's a shame I can't convince the missus to spend the saved money and go for the 36" - You can't have everything!

Just a quick question re connection as I have a Tosh DVD player but it does not have component connections (damn) and obviously the sky digibox wants the only RGB scart to itself. As far as I can see this leave me with an Svideo setup for the dvd player.

Am I likely to notice a big drop in quality using Svideo as I currently use RGB on my old setup now?

Once again many thanks...