1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" with 1280 x 768 res ? (need a quick reply pls)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    i dont have any spare cash to buy a new GFX card, nor do i have the facility to run DVI-D i have a laptop when i get my screen i want to plug it in straight away and run a perfect res. my laptop does the 1024 x 768 so can i get one that will look perfect plugging the VGA cable in first time.

also i have upto £1200 max. i saw a XD HD LG running a sample HD-DEF video the 32" model was stunning. is the LG any good ? it seem like my price range and it have a black surround but does it have a fan or adjustable backlight.

2. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With powerstrip you can 'convince' your laptop probably to give you a better resolution.
    I plugged a laptop into an LG 32LP1D using VGA and it worked spot on first time.
    If you send it 1360x768, it does 1:1, otherwise it scales. That was over DVI, VGA might be different.

Fan: no fans, no noise.
    Adjustable backlight: no - maybe via service menu. The 32LX2R has auto-backlight I believe. The 32LP1D doesn't.

3. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    ahh.. ok so basically i want the LP1D thing is more expensive about £350-400 more eek, dunno if id notice the colour but if im paying on finance over 4 yrs i dont want it to be a thing that annoys me.

4. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LP1D has freeview, while the LX2R doesn't.
    The jury is still trying to work out if the panels are the same or different on the two models.