32" - which one instead of KDL 32V2500?

zalek

Standard Member
Hi there,

I just found out that all the trouble I went into researching which TV I want to buy was a waste of time - the shop I wanted to buy it from stopped selling it as the manufacturer discountinued it. And I want to buy from that shop.

Anyway, I was certain KDL 32V2500 was excellent choice for the price with SD image quality hard to match (or am I wrong here?). The TV was going to be used mainly to watch normal TV - something we don't do more than 1-2 hours a day. No games or anything like it. As to movies - we are hoping to buy a nice projector in about 6-8 months time, so the TV would be used t owatch movies only for that time. As to HD, I don't think we are going to be getting sky HD or anything like it. So all in all, it's SD that counts.

I have narrowed the replacement for 32V2500 with following 4 sets:
Panasonic TX-32LXD70
Toshiba 32C3030D
JVC 32DG8
Sony KDL 32S3000

Now, I don't want to spend more than 600 and all above meet that criteria. Because I read a lot about Sony, I'm leaning towards KDL but am I right thinking that V series was superior to S series? I have spent quiet a lot of time in a show room watching different things on 32V2500 (to annoyance of sales person) and was very pleased with the picture. Can I expect the same from S series?

thanks
zalek

ChrisGgr

Yes the S3000 is better than the V2500!!The PQ in the shop when I saw them was little better than the V2500.Also S3000 has better connectivity!!!So you wont loose anything!!However you will win some!!

zalek

Standard Member
ok, S3000 then.

thanks a lot.

and I guess as to asking about projectors, I should go to the right art of the forum, right? But as I won't be buying it for some time yet, I guess a qucik question won't make a difference - is there anything decent I could buy under 500, as this is going to be my budget.

cheers
zalek

ChrisGgr

The S3000 cost around 530£.I think thats not a lot more than your budget!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom