1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" w/s tv or projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rileyd3, Apr 6, 2001.

1. rileyd3

rileyd3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of upgrading to either a 32" w/s tv
    or maybe a projector,would like some advice on projectors around £2,000-£3,000 and where in west yorks I could view.My room is approx 15ft x 10ft x 7.5 ft high.the screen would be on the 10ft wall and seating is approx 10ft away.Are there any good outlets for 2nd hand
    in the area.

2. Rupert Bear

Rupert Bear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's no comparison between a 32" telly and a projector. I bought a 36" Hitachi in the autumn plus Denon amp and five speakers and, although it was better than the 29" set I had before, it wasn't that much better. But just after christmas I got a Sanyo PLV 30 projector (for £2,300 - you can get it quite a bit cheaper now, I think) and a 6' screen (£250) and it's fantastic, a wholly different experience from watching on a small screen; much more involving and rewarding. And it's easy to pack away too, so it's less obtrusive than a big television set. In your room a 5' screen would probably be sufficient.

Rupert

3. stefinch

stefinch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i've had a 32" wide and 2 crt projectors one set with 5ft 4/3 and the one i have now is a seleco 320 set up with 6ft 1.85:1 set them right and they are mint there is no comparison 32" wide dont cut the mustard for home cinema... stefinch@bigfoot.com

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: stefinch ]