1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" TV - which one?!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DJ Mike, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Heya,

First time post here - I'm looking to buy a 32" TV at the moment, and I'm still undecided as to which model to go for, but I do have some criteria:

- I'm a heavy console gamer so whatever I get needs to be good for this, but also good for DVDs since I watch a lot of these too.
    - Needs to have a flat top since I want to put the satellites for my surround sound system up there
    - I want to have a pure flat screen

For 100Hz I've been considering the Sony KV32FQ86, for 50Hz I'm not sure right now, but I've been considering the KV32HX15 - however I've been unable to ascertain if this one has a pure flat screen or not?

Any thoughts?

M;.

2. jamesf4218

jamesf4218

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DO NOT GET the Sony KV32FQ86. I have that one. Apart from a dead purple pixel the screen is 'dirty' and text graphics are grubby and haloed.

And also football matches are very hard to watch as for some reason the picture is awful with football matches - very poorly defined players.

I have a mains ariel and it is not a crisp clear picture, even for DVD or PS2.

I notice now that many things Sony makes has 'Made in China' on the back. So much for Japanese technology. Probably using inferior Chinese parts...

3. lasinen

lasinen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mike,

Deciding which TV to buy is a personal preference and it depends on what you want in your television. If you want television just so you can watch it and not worrying about pictue or sound quality, then anything from Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic or something similar will do for you. On the other hand, if you want to have a decent watching experiece everytime you watch television, then I would suggest anything from Loewe or maybe even Grundig that are 100Hz simply because the picture and sound quality is probably the best out of all the 32" CRTs and they are all packed with features and all the connections you'll ever need while still being value for money for the television they offer.

Anyway, theres something for you to think about.

Lasinen

4. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I've been curious about the Loewe system, although for the now I'm thinking I'm best sticking to 50Hz display purely from the gaming point of view.

Does anybody here own (or perhaps has seen it in action) the KV32HX15 from Sony? This one actually seems like quite a good model, but I haven't been able to dig up any reviews on it yet.

M;.

5. bazzae123

bazzae123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the rest now try one of the best Philips 32PW9509.

Bazza