• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32" TV for son - Freeview and Xbox usage

2drunk2funk

Standard Member
Hi

Hope this expert community can help with the bewildering choices out there in time for an Xmas order!

Looking for a 32" TV for son's bedroom.
This will mainly be for playing his Xbox360 although I want to have Freeview (preferably HD) as well for the switch over in my area March2012.

I would like, if possible to get DLNA support as well as I have my PC setup to stream for my main TV.

I am looking to do this on a budget of £300 if possible, I know its a lot to ask for all the features I would like but that's the challenge

So far I have seen the Currys Panasonic Viera TX-L32U3B 32" for £299 but that does not have DLNA.
Also a Samsung LE32D550 from Richar sounds for £290 but that does not have Freeview HD.

My preference is Panasonic (I have 42" plasma in living room and do like it) but open to suggestions from other makes if recommended.

Hope you can help, many thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
32D580?

http://www.johnlewis.com/231209828/...-8eae-0848-7a55-000005fa2699&s_kwcid=7x380437

Bit over budget but cheaper than getting the separate FV box and you'll get 5 year warramty (can get cheaper with the 1 year cover from an online retailer)

I don't think you'll get everything for £300 (the D580 looks like it ticks most boxes), you could wait for the post Xmas sales and cross your fingers - son won;t have his TV though ;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom