32" Television or Monitor

TheDrummer

Novice Member
Our 32" Samsung is getting a bit long in the tooth and it's time it was replaced. My wife and I do not want our sitting room to be dominated by a television so we will be staying with 32".

The Samsung 32 Inch UE32N5300AKXXU Smart Full HD HDR LED TV @ £249.00 seems a good buy with 1920px but I was wondering if I might not get better results by using a 4k 32" Monitor which I can pick up for about £320.00

Our location prohibits the use of Freeview so we have VirginTV, Roku and DVD feeding through a Yamaha SR301 Receiver

My question from the experts on this site is:. Will using a 4k monitor produce a noticeable better image to justify the additional £80 expenditure.

Thank you for your consideration of my query.

next010

Distinguished Member
Our 32" Samsung is getting a bit long in the tooth and it's time it was replaced. My wife and I do not want our sitting room to be dominated by a television so we will be staying with 32".

The Samsung 32 Inch UE32N5300AKXXU Smart Full HD HDR LED TV @ £249.00 seems a good buy with 1920px but I was wondering if I might not get better results by using a 4k 32" Monitor which I can pick up for about £320.00

Our location prohibits the use of Freeview so we have VirginTV, Roku and DVD feeding through a Yamaha SR301 Receiver

My question from the experts on this site is:. Will using a 4k monitor produce a noticeable better image to justify the additional £80 expenditure.

Thank you for your consideration of my query.
With those sources I think your better off with a 1080p TV.

A 4K monitor would work best with a 4K source, upscaling lower res sources is not their strong point.

televisionuser

A few years ago I bought a monitor to use as a TV (LG similar model to this 32MP58HQ). I simply hooked it up to a blu-ray recorder together with external speakers. The results were pretty good but I made sure it was an IPS monitor. This was for my own sole use so I didn't mind not having a remote, speakers and built in tuner. I liked the fact that it was slim despite being 32 inches. However, if it's for other people to use I would probably just stick with a TV that has everything included to avoid frustration. Not having a remote can be a real pain.