32" Required - Which One?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Naaktgeboren, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Naaktgeboren

Naaktgeboren
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,275
    Looking for a TV for kids bedroom, looking to pay £350 maximum.

The screen must be Free Sat HD ready and have a minimum of 2 HDMI connections. Not bothered about Smart capabilities. Looked over Amazon/Argos etc and the choice is daunting. Could someone in the know tell me which TV is the best for the money.

Many thanks

This Panasonic seems gvfm, anyone have any opinions?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...19512/c_2/2|14419512|Televisions|14419667.htm

Thought I would add, it will be used for Freeview HD viewing and connected to WDTV Live.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    You mention Freesat - and then Freeview. That model doesn't have a Freesat tuner, but it does have the HD Freeview tuner

Panasonics make good TVs, won't go too far wrong with that one for the bedroom :) It i s a 2011 model but a decent one

3. Naaktgeboren

Naaktgeboren
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,275
    :facepalm::blush: Would you believe I always thought they were the same thing :facepalm:

Now I am a little confused, do both services come through the dish or does Freeview come through the aerial?

I think I will have to go for Freesat as my aerial signal is terrible, I have a dish already installed and it would be cheaper to run another cable from the lnb to the room in question.

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Freesat = dish, Freeview = aerial :)

You won't find a new small Freesat TV for anywhere close to that budget (if at all in 32" nowadays) - you'll need a separate Freesat box or pay Sky - not sure if running the cable will work, may mess up recording? All a bit techie for me!

5. Naaktgeboren

Naaktgeboren
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,275
    Yeah, see your point regarding budget, just cannot justify spending a fortune on a TV for a kids room. It's making Sky Multi room look very tempting right now for just £60 original outlay.

Just found this set:-

Buy PANASONIC TX-L32C4B | 32" LCD TV - LCD TVs | Comet

Great price for a Panny, cannot see much difference to the original set I linked to??