• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32" Problems

jimmyca69

Established Member
Hi all

Im looking at buying a 1080p 32" LCD TV soon but am having trouble narrowing it down.

32" seems to be the least "supported" screen size in that they often differ to the larger model specs etc.

Before anyone suggests anything bigger, given my living room size and where i want to wall mount it - 32" is the biggest i can get.

To get an idea of uses it will be mainly used for SD TV for now (Sky+ etc) inc lots of Sports (football, cricket etc), also be connected to a DVD Recorder with 1080p upscaling. Also i will have my xbox 360 connected up occasionally.

Budget is max of around £650 - the other added dilemma is the missus must approve and she likes the looks of the Samsung A556's (flush lines around the screen etc) so it has to look good. :rolleyes:

As mentioned the LE32A556P that is from Dixons (£650) is a top runner at the moment but im wondering what others offer something similar. Im not bothered about older models etc but incase of future HD TV id want something that wouldnt be out of date quickly.

Other queries inc whether at 32" do i need 1080p? or will 1080i suffice? Viewing distance is around 5-6ft FYI.

Help please :hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom