32" Philips Lcd

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
In the What Hi-Fi 32" group test July 06 the following was said

1st place - Sony (5 Star) KDL-32V2000 Picture (5 Star) = Jaw Dropping, Sound (4 Star)=nothing Special, Features (4 Star) OK, an extra HDMI input would be nice otherwise most issues covered.
2nd place - Toshiba (5 Star) 32WLT66 Picture (5 Star)= In isolation it's stunning, but the Sony has better colour, Sound (4 Star) OK, It has good Bass weight for a TVof this type, Features (5 Star) Two HDMI key asset, and the whole thing looks smart and solid.
3rd Place - Samsung (4 Star) 32R74 Picture (3 Star) Looks good enough for everyday use, other better for Home Cinema, Sound (2 Star) Thin and sibilant, really needs good AV Amp, Features (4 Star) Smart design and good level of equipment for money.

I know you can get the 2nd place screen for £733 inc P&P from Dixons online and has 2 HDMI sockets, the Phillips with it's speakers on the side is almost as big as a 37" screen in dimensions.
http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/sto...0&tm=undefined&sku=190546&category_oid=-28573

peahead

Stay away from philips they are not highly thought off in these forums like Andy98765 said the toshiba is you best bet.

Drex

Novice Member
Thanks for your advice guys..........do you know if this Lcd supports NTSC playback ?........Had a look as the spec,but didnt see anything !

Also......don't look like any s-video input,which is how i am connecting my amp at the moment.

could i still run s-video into my amp,but instead of using s-video out to the Lcd,could i use component instead ?

peahead

Yes it supports ntsc playback and s-video runs through scart no2

Drex

Novice Member
Thanks for the info..........I will probably buy this then !