32" or 37" LCD for gaming and general family use

wasdy76

Standard Member
Hi guys

I am sure that you have been asked this 5000 times. I have around £600 to spend.

main requirements are watching films and playing xbox 360.

I am getting loads of conflicting advice so HELP.

A friend recommended a toshiba 37rv635db?

cheers

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Hi, I'm in the same boat as the first poster: have £600 ish to spend on a 32" LCD, mainly for gaming (and I really want something that will make my Wii shine). I have looked at the following (you may want to check these out wasdy):

Panasonic TX-L32G10B
Toshiba 32RV635DB
Sony Bravia KDL32V5500U
Sony Bravia KDL32W5500U (not sure what the big difference is in those last two models)

Last edited:

Monarch

Distinguished Member
The W5500 has 100Hz whereas the V5500 is only 50Hz, there may be other differences but that's the big one, this means that the W5500 has more input lag than the V5500, so it may not be the best choice for gaming. Not much will make your wii shine though to be honest, a decent CRT is probably still the best for that, although I don't know much about what the wii looks best on (I just know that it's the thing most people struggle to get a good picture with).

But seriously, to the OP, I can't think of a better £600 TV than the P37X10 for watching movies, only shy away if the room is very bright or you spend several hours on the xbox at a time

wasdy76

Standard Member
I am still really confused. Now being told that for what i want films, sky + Not HD) and Xbox i don really need a 1080p TV.

Unfortunately, (or not) my folks are buying me this for a house warming and having first grand child present (theirs not mine!) so i have to buy from Argos.

Is this any good

Toshiba37xv553db

• Email a friend
  • Print page
http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/72-5367119SPA71UC551145M.jpg

mod comment: image changed to a link, please do not hot link to images from sites you do not have permission to do so from

or shall i buy a Sony?

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wasdy76

Standard Member
I do play xbox for longer periods.

last poster, the sony's are better. Any particular recommendations for £500-600?

thanks

Monarch

Distinguished Member
It is annoying that it must be from Argos, I'll take a look through to see what they sell

EDIT

Ok, so from the Argos listing I would recommend one of these
- Panasonic L32X10 - Buy Panasonic TX-L32X10B 32in HD Ready Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .
- Panasonic 32LXD85 (last years model but with 100Hz, I haven't compared with the X10) - Buy Panasonic TX32LXD85 32in HD Ready Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .
- LG 32LH4000 - Buy LG 32LH4000 32in Full HD Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

I've seen all of those and they're all very good sets for the money, they should suit you nicely, these are the ones that I haven't seen but could potentially be worth it, I don't know anything about the new Toshiba's so I couldn't say which is best from the two, but the RV is higher specced.
- Samsung LE32B550 - Buy Samsung LE32B550A5WXX 32in Full HD Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .
- Toshiba 37AV615DB - Buy Toshiba 37AV615DB 37in HD Ready Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .
- Toshiba 32RV635DB - Buy Toshiba 32RV635DB 31in Full HD Digital LCD TV. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

To be honest, on the whole, I would say that the Panasonic X10 is the best, but I haven't seen it next to the LXD85 so I can't say for sure, the LH4000 is also very good though

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom