1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" or 36" ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by barneyman, Jan 1, 2004.

1. barneyman

barneyman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have been mulling over which new tv to get, currently have a 28" 4:3 panasonic, which has served us well for a few years now.

After finally deciding to stay with a CRT rather than a plasma, i had decided on a 36" toshiba or panasonic, but now not so sure....

Some comments here have said that ALL 36" TVs have their issues with bleeding, halo-ing etc, and so, as a newbie, was hoping for some guidance...

1. Generally speaking, are 32" better than 36" for picture quality, as this is a key driver for me.

2. We have Sky & will play DVD's so how much would I benefit from the 36".

My fear is that I will regret not getting a 36", for the sake of a couple of hundred quid, when for a layman the picture quality differential is minor.

Any help appreciated !

2. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I went from a 20 4:3 to a 36" Toshiba and never looked back. In TVs case bigger is definitely better. But it all comes down to what you can accommodate and afford. The bigger the TV the further back you need to sit so you don't notice its flaws.

I could never go back to a smaller size screen. Mind you saying that I was round a mates house last night who has a 32” set and it didn’t look at all bad (apart from the fact the muppet watches everything stretched).