• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32 LH4010. a lot of questions about backlight/inverter hum!

marco772

Standard Member
Hi,

I thought I'd start a new thread now I seem to have isolated the cause of the noise!

To catch up though, I bought a LG 32LH4010 a couple of months back and noticed a strange hum when the sound was muted. Had it exchanged, the new one did the same.

Turned the Backlight up to 100% yesterday and, hey presto, the hum stopped! Unfortunately, after several hours of PS3 action, turned off the PS3 and the hum had returned!

It's only really noticeable when the house is quiet and nothing else in the room is on (ie The computer), but in the dead of night it's pretty apparent!

I've been told, and the evidence above would suggest, that it's the backlight invertor.

I was just wondering if this is normal? Can it be fixed?!
Most LCDs I've listened to have been next to silent around the back.

Also, is there any way of stopping it? I don't really want to bother Richer Sounds again unnecessarily with it as they were so good to replace it originally; I don't know if they ever send engineers out to check such things as part of the warranty? I'm not even sure if it's a fault or just an annoying thing they do?

Gah, so many questions! Why couldn't it just be silent like any other tv...

Any help, as always until I'm happy with it, will be gratefully received!

Thanks

Mark

texas_ian

Standard Member
Hi Mark,

Did you ever get any resolution for this problem? I have been experiencing exactly the same with my LG bought a year ago. Backlight of 100 has been the only solution I've found since.

Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom