Question 32" LED Recommendations

imusorka

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am shopping for a 32" set. Mostly for digital TV (including HD channels). Some movies via USB but not off DVD or BD. Even less sport. No 3D, online stuff or gaming. Based on availability in my area, my shortlist is as follows. What would you recommend as far as picture quality (very important) and value?

LG 32LF580V
LG 32LF650V
Panasonic 32ASR600
Sony 32W705C
Sony 32W706B
Samsung 32J5100
Samsung 32J6300
Samsung 32J6500

Last edited:
Some of those tvs only bring Russian results when googling but what I do know is the Samsung 32J6300 gets a very good review and is considered best in class. It's curved but it's stunning for the cash.

Thanks for the input! Can anyone comment on any of the other options?

Sorry I forgot to add Samsung UE32J6300 Curved TV Review

The Sony 705c is a decent set too, the 706b is old from 2014. The LG 650v is also good but it's an ips panel rather than VA.

None live up to the Samsung though.

Is it a bad idea to get the curved VA-based 6300 if it will never be watched head-on, rather at about 15° angle? Some reviews state that PQ degrades quickly as you move off-centre. Would an IPS-based set be a better option in this case? That leaves me just with LG then, right?

Last edited:
Compared 32J6300 and 32LF650V at a store today. PQ degrades at angles on both sets, even on the IPS-based LG. Will probably still go for the LG given that it is about $100 less.

Decided to consider 40" sets as well as this size just fits the intended space and is not too big for the viewing distance. Is Sony 40W705C any good? Most reviews refer to a slow UI and poor viewing angles but very good contrast. Or is it still better to go for LG 32LF650V, especially since SD channels are better on smaller screens?

Hi, sorry to jump in on thread.....I've been looking at the samsung 32" j6300,sony 32" w706 and the samsung 32" h6400.....using mostly for my desktop and watching films/sport etc and have read the w706 doesnt have motionflow so can have issues with blurring when watching sports etc....would really appreciate if you could give me some advice on which tv to go for as all around the same price now and have 3 in my basket waiting for me to click on one!; )

would be great for any help...thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom