• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32'' LED for console gaming/pc use...

Banana Rama

Established Member
Hello, as the title says I am looking for a 32'' led tv, main use will be console gaming with the ps3/360, i will also have my laptop connected for internet browsing. Most important thing is low input lag for gaming and good motion handling, don't want motion blur, i don't want to spend silly money considering it is only a small tv. no more then about £500 if i can help it, tho i may spend it more if it means getting what i want, i was looking at the e6b from panasonic but apparently input lag is high with that tv, maybe someone that owns it can let me know...

Banana Rama

Established Member
is it really worth it spending so much on a 32'' led tho, from the research i have done all led's seem to have some motion blur no matter how much you spend, plus the more expensive ones have more input lag because of the extra processing, would i be better off just getting a cheap one?

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
I like named brands when appropriate, but I wouldn't spend that much for that size and use. I would spend less and get a larger size panel from a supermarket.

vickster

Distinguished Member
is it really worth it spending so much on a 32'' led tho, from the research i have done all led's seem to have some motion blur no matter how much you spend, plus the more expensive ones have more input lag because of the extra processing, would i be better off just getting a cheap one?

Well it's up to you, your cash, you'll be using it. Buy from a good retailer like JL or Amazon and if not happy you should be able to exchange

The key with any TV is under no circumstances should you go looking for issues that you may have read about...just enjoy it ;)

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
See the thread below, I highly recommended the Samsung uh40eh5000, it comes in 32 and 37 inches too.
Very very good, especially for games.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
See below.

Banana Rama

Established Member
See the thread below, I highly recommended the Samsung uh40eh5000, it comes in 32 and 37 inches too.
Very very good, especially for games.

yeah, i did read through that thread, the EH5000 is quite chunky tho, i was hoping for something a bit more sleek, what about the 32LS5600 from LG, or the 32ES5500 from samsung, maybe it is worth mentioning i need vga input for my laptop aswell, i don't think the samsung models have that...

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
The review of the ES5500 on here highlights motion blur (albeit the 46")

LGs seem to have a plethora of issues, look in the owners threads

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
yeah, i did read through that thread, the EH5000 is quite chunky tho, i was hoping for something a bit more sleek, what about the 32LS5600 from LG, or the 32ES5500 from samsung, maybe it is worth mentioning i need vga input for my laptop aswell, i don't think the samsung models have that...

So your priorities are a thin telly. Lol
No, it's a bare bones model tbh, chuffed with it though, for an lcd.
I'll probably go back to plasma next for big screen use. Its miles better.

Banana Rama

Established Member
So your priorities are a thin telly. Lol
No, it's a bare bones model tbh, chuffed with it though, for an lcd.
I'll probably go back to plasma next for big screen use. Its miles better.

i know that panasonic plasma is the best you can get for gaming, however it is a bedroom set so i don't want a screen that size, i read that panasonic are going to stop making plasma by 2014 which is a shame as it is the best technology. my priority is not just a slim tv, however the EH5000 is a bit of a monster by today's standards, also my understanding is that those cheap bare bones sets are not good when it comes motion, i don't want blur.

i have been looking at the es6300 from samsung, it is expensive but seems to tick all the boxes, according to *(reviewing 40'' version, i assume 32'' is the same) it handles motion well, it resolves approx 600 lines which is twice that of the EH5000, they measured input lag at 31ms, that is pretty low and won't be noticeable i don't think, are there any known issues with this set...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom