32" LCD TV - Which one Panny, Sony or Philips!

Phube

Standard Member
Panasonic TX-32LXD700 or Philips 32PFL9632 or Sony KDL32D3000

Money no object.

Have seen HD comparisons with the Philips and Sony (BBC HD Preiew) and the Philips was far superior.

And in SD (in John Lewis) comparing all 3, the Panny was by far the best.

I will be using SkyHD, upscaling DVD player and a Wii. Which means most viewing will still be SD for a while!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Phube

Standard Member
Yeah but With my own eyes I know the Philips is better with HD!!

And the Panasonic is better with SD!??

Ivor_Biggern

Panasonic TX-32LXD700 or Philips 32PFL9632 or Sony KDL32D3000

Easy, buy the TX-32LXD70 which is basically the same as the TX-32LXD700, the only difference is that the 700 comes with better internal speakers.

With the £200 you save buy yourself a home cinema system then you will have a better set up than the 700.

naboomagnoli

Standard Member
The Sony KDL32D3000 is the best out of the 3.

It got the "best 32" LCD award" at http://www.*

The problem is, that's a public vote, not their own official choice; in other words, it is the most popular 32" TV, not the TV to have been judged the best in its' class against all it's competitors. While the editor "wholeheartedly agrees" with the decision, I can't see evidence that he has ever looked at the Philips (which seems like a major flaw to me).

pattyg

Standard Member
I would recommend the Pana TX32LDX700. Decent picture and sound and it looks soooo much better than the 70.

Don't like the looks of the Sony but if cost is a factor I suppose the Philips would be OK.

Phube

Standard Member
Easy, buy the TX-32LXD70 which is basically the same as the TX-32LXD700, the only difference is that the 700 comes with better internal speakers.

With the £200 you save buy yourself a home cinema system then you will have a better set up than the 700.

But it has an extra HDMI port (handy for the future!). Plus I'm not a big audiophile so I don't really want a 5.1 sytem cluttering up my (already small) living room!

But as I've sadi the SD looks much better in a side by side comparison with the other 2. But I don't know about the HD or upscailing side of the Panasonic??

J

JDM121

HD is amzing, so is SD very impressed with it.the onyl complaint i have is the contracts ratio, basically when wathing a dark seen everything seems black its hard to make out whats happening. ..

chunky79

Standard Member
I was looking at those 3 mdels and the samsung. Ended up buying the panny 700. Looked pretty good in john lewis. Got to pick it up 2 moro so can't tell you what it's like from a home point of view

Dunc

n00b1979

Standard Member
The Panny is excellent with HD... I've only used it or Xbox 360, BBC HD, a few episodes of Lost HD and a bunch of trailers I've streamed from my PC but I was blown away by them all.

Of course, the others could be better, I really don't know.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom