32" LCD TV, 720p or 1080p?

kreejo

Standard Member
I've been looking for a long time now for a decent TV for my setup, however I'm not sure whether to go for a 720p or 1080p set. I'll be using a PS3 with games and Blurays, no other sources, and it will be in my bedroom at a viewing distance of about 80", give or take a few inches.

From what I've read, I probably won't notice much of a difference in picture quality at this distance, but I thought it would be best to get opinions! What do you guys think? Should I bother with 1080p?

vickster

May as well if you can afford it if you have HD sources, even from 6-7ft (love the inches measurement :D )

What's your budget, what types of games and do you play online?

kreejo

Standard Member
Not in the room right now so looked at average UK bed lengths! XD

Only got the PS3 recently, so still building up library, but most likely going to be playing FPS games, things like Black Ops, which will also be online, platformers, action/adventure, maybe a few driving games.

Probably have a budget of about £300.

kreejo

Standard Member
Funnily enough that's one I was looking at not long ago, a good sign maybe? :)

Low lag sounds good, especially for fast paced games...

Any idea how well this TV performs with scaling 720p up to 1080p? Seeing as it's not native 720p I'm guessing it needs to scale?

kreejo

Standard Member
Just done some research and this set has a 5ms response time. I'm not so up on what's good here lol, so can anyone tell me if, for gaming, a 5ms response time is good?

Trending threads

Top Bottom