Quantcast

32" LCD TV 15:9 ASPECT?

T

tone40

Can anyone help? Is it worthwhile considering a 30" LCD tv with a 15:9 aspect as opposed to 16:9? Thinking of video7 ltv 30c or conrac cult 30.

ijd

Novice Member
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: maybe i am being a bit thick, but do you think you could perhaps,expand a little and tell us what it is you want to know.
if your asking us to make the decision for you then go for it,but dont blame me if its not suitable for you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

neilmcl

tone40 said:
Can anyone help? Is it worthwhile considering a 30" LCD tv with a 15:9 aspect as opposed to 16:9? Thinking of video7 ltv 30c or conrac cult 30.
I was going to say I don't think there are any 32" LCD with a 15:9 ratio but you beat me by ammending your post now. Personally I don't much see the point in going for a 30" 15:9 set unless they are ridicuously cheap, even then I personally wouldn't

It'll be mainly older LCD TVs of that size that have 15:9 screens. I have one.
If you can get a substantial price saving and don't mind the edges of the picture being clipped, sure, go for it. I can live with it and I'm really, really picky.

Just be warned that most of the screens that use 15:9 panels will probably also be the same screens that were made in the days before features we now take for granted like HDMI inputs.