32" Lcd Screens!!help!!

L

LCDNovice

Hi i am in the market for a 32" LCD and have seen the following, which is the best, they range in Prices but all seem pretty good! Any advice would be appreciated.

Toshiba 32WLT66

Panasonic TX32LXD60

Sharp LC32GD8E

Sharp LC32GA8E

Hitachi 32LD6600

Phillips 32PF5321

Also with JL price matching does anyone know if they would price match a price off the internet with a voucher used?

cheers

Problem with that question is, everyone will just say "get X, I've got one and its great"

e.g.

I've got the earlier model of the Panny and its great.:D

Thats a fair point cheers for that, the set is basically gonna be used for x-box 360, DVD and at the moment SD but hoping to get HDSKY soon, also would like to have the option of connecting my PC to it but thats not a deal breaker.

What about the Hitachi 32LD7200 currently on sale in JL for £849?

In the What Hi-Fi 32" group test July 06 the following was said

1st place - Sony (5 Star) KDL-32V2000 Picture (5 Star) = Jaw Dropping, Sound (4 Star)=nothing Special, Features (4 Star) OK, an extra HDMI input would be nice otherwise most issues covered.
2nd place - Toshiba (5 Star) 32WLT66 Picture (5 Star)= In isolation it's stunning, but the Sony has better colour, Sound (4 Star) OK, It has good Bass weight for a TVof this type, Features (5 Star) Two HDMI key asset, and the whole thing looks smart and solid.
3rd Place - Samsung (4 Star) 32R74 Picture (3 Star) Looks good enough for everyday use, other better for Home Cinema, Sound (2 Star) Thin and sibilant, really needs good AV Amp, Features (4 Star) Smart design and good level of equipment for money.

I know you can get the 2nd and 3rd place screens for less than £800.

Not in your list, but I recently went for the Sony KDL-S32A12U, which I believe was replaced by the Sony KDL-32V2000, mentioned above.

As far as I'm concerned the picture quality is amazing. The sound is actually OK, but I don't use the TV speakers. I'm using it for Sky+, DVD, Xbox & Xbox 360.

As it's an old model you should be able to get a good deal on it. I got mine for £880, from Costco. They've now reduced them further, to about £860 (incl VAT). That also comes with a 3 year on-site warranty.

Hope that helps.

at John Lewis with 5 year guarantee.
If you are interested you justtell your local store that it is on "undersale" for £1097 at John Lewis Trafford store.

The 32WLT66 can be got for 744.99 inc postage from the Dixons website.

LCDNovice said:
Thats a fair point cheers for that, the set is basically gonna be used for x-box 360, DVD and at the moment SD but hoping to get HDSKY soon, also would like to have the option of connecting my PC to it but thats not a deal breaker.

Out of the ones you've listed the Toshiba 32WLT66 made it on my short list. You don't list the Sammy R7 which has an XBox360 mode, nor do you list the Sony "S" series which offers slightly better PQ than the others. You don't mention the Sony "V" presumably because of the cost, this set is miles better than the others. All of these will do what you want.

One set that does all this but for considerably less (between £565-£600) is the Hyundai A321, the only thing is that it doesn't have a built in freeview tuner. Alternatively the Hyundai Q321 has a built in DVB-t tuner (but it doesn't support interactive services such as teletext and red button events). This can be had for as little as £600. The only drawback is that this unit does not have HDMI, but it does have DVI. If you want maximum quality from a PC connection then DVI is preferable because DVI allows 1:1 pixel mapping, whereas HDMI on most sets overscans. Alternatively you use VGA for 1:1 mapping (as you can on most other screens). Picture quality is on par, if not better, than the screens I've mentioned above.

I have looked at the Toshiba at Dixons and with the £50 off voucher ive got it comes to £695 do you think JL would price match that basically want to get it at JL as they have a great 5 year warrenty thrown in!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom