1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD - Same old question which one to buy!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by f1005705, Oct 14, 2004.

1. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After many months I am going to take to plunge and buy one. My budget is around £1400 and I was looking at the Tosh 32WL48 as I like the look with the speakers under the screen or the Samsung LW32A33WX.

I have not seen may reviews on these so don't want to waste money if the PQ is not up to scratch. I am prepared to go a little higher on my budget if there are others that are better all rounders

:lease: Help!!!

2. TCD

TCD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I would just read through the posts in this section, especially the 'Toshiba at Budget Prices' one, there is plenty of advice on these!

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  4. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Unfortuantly that's £200+ over his £1,400 budget limit.

5. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    lol buy now save the extra 200 over the next year

6. Jed

Jed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I'll add my 2 peneth.

I ordered a Tosh 32WL46 at Powerhouse for £1499 + £120 for 5 year warranty.

However after numerous trips to other shops, i am going off the screen all the time. It look's very pixelated and laggy.
    I am now gonna cancel and have been to John Lewis to pricematch a 37" Viera for £1986.75 + Free 5 year warranty.

The Tosh look's a beaut but looking at it from 2.5m away with TV and DVD it looked poor. I also took a NTSC disc with me and that looked very laggy and then it froze their DVD player. :lol:

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    They do 12 months no interst option...... Tempted?

8. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    yeah that was my point, the only problem with 12 months no interest is, when it comes time to pay you dont want to because theres another TV u want

9. phlix

phlix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get the LW32A33WX get the LW32A23WX instead, much better spec and its only £1410

10. banjo21

banjo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Anyone know if the Sharp LC32GA4 (32") is up to the PQ of the Pany PW7 (37") for Sky+?
    Yes - I am still oscillating between the two. (sorry)
    The Sharp might win it coz it can fit neatly on a small stand in corner with total dimension no bigger than current 28" CRT, but only if PQ as good as PW7. You experts must get sick of us folk that can't just get on with it and make a purchase :)
    PS. I appreciate its easy to say go see for yourself - but most of us are stuck with a Currys 10 miles away being the only demo option - not always as helpful as this forum.

11. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    When buying audio visual equipment it is essential, (IMO), to set a limit on how much you can spend. Otherwise there will always be something slightly better, and slightly more expensive, (also helps narrow the search). Where do you draw a line? This guy has decided £1,400, (a lot of money to spend on a tv), is sufficient.

Personally I think that getting into loans or financial agreements in order to purchase non essential goods like tv's or dvd players is a bad idea. Especially if paying high rates of interest. I'd rather buy something that I can afford now, however tepmting it is to buy a 50" plasma paying it off over 5 years. There are more important things in life than having a big screen tv, imo. With the population so heavily in debt, god knows what will happen when the economy takes it's next downturn. I know this first hand because my mother took out a lot of credit for one reason or another, until she ended up with £18,000 worth of debts, (a good amount for mid 80's), eventually commiting suicide over it. I know this is an exteme case, but I also have a friend who built up £8,000 worth of debts on loans and credit cards. The joke is that his only expense is the £25 a week rent that he pays to live at home, (no car or anything). Now he's 25 and can't afford to move out due to his debts.

What you have to ask yourself, is whether a slightly bigger screen is really that important to your happiness? Apologies for the rant, but it concerns me how people take such risks with their financial security. If you can afford it fine. But could you afford to make the monthly paymnets if you lost your job for any reason.