1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD or 32" Plasma ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Bono, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Bono

Bono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys and girls

Need some advice. I'm thinking of buying a flatpanel for the bedroom, I want a 32" and don't know whether to go for an LCD or Plasma.

What do you reckon.

(If there is a thread out for something on these lines already then I do apologise)

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Go and have a compare. Some people like the look of LCD's, some people like the look of Plasma's, some people don't care, they just like the look. It all comes down to personal preference. I think the argument of what is technically better isn't so relevant for most people anymore as long as you look at the latest generation panels. But always take into consideration your future needs during the lifespan of the panel. We are in a transition period between standard and high definition TV. I would say it would be wise to take note of that even if you think it is ultimately not relevant to you.

-Ian

3. deep_thought

deep_thought
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...but go and compare somewhere with a decent setup- e.g. Comet with 10 LCDs running off a split coax feed under floodlights does not give a realistic comparison!