1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD from Comet with dead pixel

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Skeatster, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Skeatster

Skeatster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I purchased a Goodmans LD3201 from comet at the weekend and I am very happy with the product itself. I ordered it over the phone and picked it up in store. I got the tv home and opened it turned it on very easy to setup and within 5 minutes I had return of the king playing from my DVD player, it was at this point that i noticed a really annoying green dot just left of center. The dot is very noticeable when there program you are watching is set within dark surroundings.

I rang comet and informed them after speaking to about 5 different people I finally got a guy who told me " I am sorry but it is within spec for 1 dead pixel" at this point I pointed out that I still had the box and I want to return them within 7 days as stipulated by there returns policy he then said "we only accept unopened goods because you picked it up from store"

They finally agreed to send an engineer out this friday as if the pixel is of a certain size and position I may be entitled to a refund or exchange.

what options do people think i have if they will not replace or refund?

Best Regards
    Skeatster :lease:

2. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fortunately they appear to be incorrect in their understanding of the Distance Selling regulations.

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/guide/distsell.htm

The extract that covers their argument below (from the DTI site)

So the arguement is when was the contract concluded. You could argue that the contract is concluded when the money is taken from you. They could argue that it is when the item is in your posession.

This next quote stipulates when the contract is concluded

I would go back to them and quote the both the HSMO regulations and the DTI information.

Good Luck.

EDIT - Did they inform you of your rights to cancel when you made the order? If not, then they breached the regulations regardless of whether you collected the goods or not.

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If you *paid* [ie purchased] via telephone (rather than at the store) then you can return it under the 7 day refund policy. Merely picking it up from the store is irrelevent.