1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD choice...?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Nuuki, May 5, 2005.

1. Nuuki

Nuuki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for second TV for my bedroom. I had set on a 26" as the most suitable size but am now wavering towards a 32" (isn't it always the way)...

I'll be using it for Xbox gaming and DVDing (I plan to connect it via the component inputs) and as a second screen on my PC for games, and maybe for MCE if I get that sorted at some point.

Having had a browse through the threads I've picked up some useful advice, and at the moment my short list is either the BenQ DV3250 or the Video7 V7LTV32D. The main difference seems to be the inclusion of support for HDCP on the BenQ, which is lacking on the V7. This will most likely be relevant if/when Sky start broadcasting HD, but probably not until then.

Does anyone have any comments on any other differences I may have missed? I appreciate the BenQ is pretty much brand new, and that there may not be much experience of it yet. Also is there another model around the same proce that I should be considering instead? Any thoughts much appreciated...

2. VurtHed

VurtHed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Nuuki & welcome to the forums

Take a look at the Relisys RLT3200. A fair few people moved over to looking at it when we found out the Video7 didn't have HDCP. From what I've read it looks good.

3. Nuuki

Nuuki
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome :)

The Relisys looks good, but it's about £160 more than the BenQ and £260 more than the V7. I guess it's not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but as my original intention was to get a cheap and cheerful 26" my credit card is already looking at me mournfully and I'm loathe to break the £900 barrier. I guess if the BenQ turns out to be disappointing (I've noted that there may be issues with it) I may need to decide if HDCP is worth the extra.

Has anyone actually got hold of the BenQ yet?