1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD Choice-Philips/Panasonic/Loewe

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by BlueAstra, Oct 29, 2005.

1. BlueAstra

BlueAstra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I've saved up and I now have to make a decision. I like good picture quality above all else, and I've narrowed my choice down to the Philips 32pf9830, Pan Tx32LXD500 and Loewe Concept L32. Which should it be? Opinions please.

2. Jim Pixel

Jim Pixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I just (3 days ago) bought a JVC LT-Z32SX5 32" LCD TV.. I had the choice of Philips, Panasonic, Sony, Toshiba, LG and a few of the other more "known" brands... I boiled my 2 final choices down to either the Panasonic or the JVC and the decision to take the JVC was because there weren't any Panasonic TV's in the shop at the time, other than the demo I was looking at. That, and the fact that the sales guy owned one of the same JVC's and he loves it - I can see why. It is a great TV...

Another small thing caught my eye and also had a part in my final decision. on the label on the box it came in, I saw 3 crucial words => "Made In Japan". That was enough to tip the scales... So often with most other Japanese and virtually any other brand, you see - made in Phillipnes, China, Thailand, Singapore. No offence but I knind of like the "Japan" thing more than the other places. Anyway, I am quite chuffed (happy - very happy) with my JVC... Out of the brands you mention above, I would take the Panasonic. They make some great - no - "awesome" gear.. While Philips are good, I personally believe they have gone right off the boil in recent years. I have owned many Philips A/V units from TV's, HT units, to DvD players and I either hate their setups or just never seem to be happy with their performance or quality. I am sure they are going downhill...

Hope you enjoy the one you choose...

3. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    It's pretty much a no brainer - Loewe all the way. After that, I'd have the JVC or a Sharp before a Philips - but then there's history between Philips and I. many champion the Panny 500 over the JVC - perhaps, I've not bothered looking for one. Equally, Sony V series getting a lot of admiration and noise made about it.

4. BlueAstra

BlueAstra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments, although not quite what I expected! I haven't seen any reviews for the JVC so that was way off my radar. I see lots of comments about switching off most of the Philips picture enhancements to get the best picture. Does that mean with everything off its still as good as the Panny or Loewe? Does that mean that the Panny and Loewe picture enhancements are better? The the LC32GD1E Sharp gets good reviews for high-def, but not so good for broadcast. Not seen anything on the Sharp 7E. I currently have a Philips CRT with pixelplus 1. I like the sharpness, but not so keen on the movement artefacts. Was leaning towards the Philips, but could fall for the others.

5. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    The Sharp GD1 is a superb TV - not perfect, but definitely one you'd live happily with for many years without fear of pining after anything else, except perhaps the Loewe.
    It's replacement, the GD7 has been watered down, maybe too much, but then again, I never did use half the adjustments the GD1 has - never felt the need to really.