Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

32" - Integrated Digital or Note

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Hate Ripoff's, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Hate Ripoff's

Hate Ripoff's

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

1) I want to access Freeview channels on my TV and am wondering if there is any difference pictuire quality wise between an Integrated Digital TV set or if a Freeview Box is connected externally to TV. Please advise!! I ask this question as the iNtegrated Digital TV's tend to be a little pricey!! (the difference is more than £100 - 00 the typical price of a Freeview Box)

2) Also what is the importance of RGB scarts - string here seem to mention the importance of having 2 RGB scarts (I just do not understand it).

3) Is teh Loewe Aventos adequately RGB capable!!

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I think IDTVs have a better picture, more convenient, and are also standalone.

Some manufacturers even update software on 3 year old TVs

3. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure about the difference in quality between internal and external DTV but there shouldn't be any.

The best picture you can get from scart is rgb and all you need is 2 decent scarts to output the signal. I have just bought 2 Thor cables which are excellent and you can get them almost half price from here: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TR26481T.html
    They will do the job for you.

The Aventos has 2 RGB capable scarts so it will all work fine.

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    But there is try a top end IDTV!

IDTVs don't use Scart - they are directly connected. Either by RGB or Component.

5. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That is the snag. How do you know the type of connection in IDTV´s? They look composite to me.

If the IDTV is composite fed to the tube, the picture will not be as good as a rgb fed signal.

I have played around with Sony and Toshiba IDTVs and I still find the best interface is provided by my OnDigital philips tuner. It lists all channels bY name with the select button and turns pages. You never have to scroll down or up to find the name of the channel u want. It has a multibrand remote to operate TV and VCR.

With the Tosh ZT you need to type 3 numbers to get a channel.

Plus you will never be without tv if the digital tuner packs in. Also u can listen to the radio channels with the telly off and have a display of the channel number.

Nokia tuners even have digital sound out.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Older IDTVs had a choice between RGB and Composite, but most now seem to use component to allow colour changing