1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32 incher for £1500-ish

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by t-force, Apr 17, 2003.

1. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi guys,

My Sony 32FX60 is officially written off, so I'm looking to replace it. What I'm after is another 32 incher, with at least 3 scarts, and kick-ass picture quality. I've been looking at the Sony 32FQ80, but I'm certainly not tied to Sony. Does anyone have any suitable candidates?

2. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the loewe Aventos (around £900), Vitros (around £1200) or Aconda (around £1500). John lewis will price match www.tvandvideodirect.com but you can also buy from them direct as I did as they are decent retailers. Good luck!

3. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    have a look at the jvc with the dist technology it will blow you away for dvd pic quality and has all connections 3 scart and is ntsc and pal progressive compatible has pap pip good menus,

really worth a look. If you can match it up to a progressive scan dvd player like I have you are laughing also the sound from the tv speakers is fantastic really good dolby digitital.

hope this helps

If your a sony fan then the fq80 has good pic quality as well not as good as this one but also the price will be more too.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Definately audiotion the Loewe range but also take a look at that JVC as it sounds very good.

5. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    This month's HCC has a couple of paragraphs about the new Panasonic TX-32PD30, which has got a DRC/Pixel-plus/DIST rivalling feature, and has 4 scarts, and NTSC prog scan via component. If that could be hacked to do Pal Prog I'd buy it in a second.

No details on Panasonic's web site though yet. Anyone with industry contacts seen this baby in action?

6. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856