1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32-inch TV around £1000

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jpb2001, Mar 19, 2003.

1. jpb2001

jpb2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I am new to this forum and have been doing some reading around - I am looking to get a 32-inch tv for around a grand. My short-list (in order of preference) is as follows, please let me know what you think:

1. Tosh 32 picture frame
    2. Philips 9527 (read lots of bad things on this forum - are they really so bad???)
    3. Sony FQ80 (I could stretch to the price but would rather pay less - are they worth the extra £400??)
    4. Panasonic PB50
    5. Panasonic PL10

Please let me know what you would buy from that list and any reasons. I'm not necessarily after the best sound, really the best picture and the best look (must look nice in my new house :) )

Thanks for any help,
    JB

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 9527, the picture is excellent, very detailed, although there is some shimmering around fast moving objects, some sets appear to be worse than others. Mine is bearable though.

The dark bars are a big problem, once you notice them you cant stop looking for them. Mine are very prominent on dark scenes.

Im currently trying to get my tv exchanged but next step the retailer is taking is changing the tv tube to see if that works, which im not keen on them doing.

Ive been looking at the FQ80 as a possible replacement if I dont get another 9527. It looks nice and few people have given it good reviews, shame about price though.

I did look at the tosh because I liked the look of the picture frame, but when I saw it in person, I didnt like the look of it.

Cant comment on the pannys.

Good Luck :devil:

Paul J.:zonked:

3. mansell

mansell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Had four PB50's with varying problems but all suffered from the dirty screen problem .If like me you like watching football this is a real pain .

A friend of mine has a Philips 9527 , well he currently has a dead one but we won't go into that , the picture quality on my FQ80 is light years ahead of his.

The Sony actually has a picture enhancement mode which actually works and can be used on all sources

I paid £1430 from Comet online , delivered in Five days

Simply the best picture I've ever seen .

;)