32 inch or 40 inch help(eye problem)

akis123

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody....
I have astigmatism and hypermetropia(eyes problem)
I want to buy a new tv...

My viewing distance is minimum 1.6m and max 1.8m...

I chose 2 TV's one is 32 inch and the other is 43inch(very good offer)
My material is gonna be mostly 1080p from htpc or console gaming...

Would a 43 inch tv be good from my viewing distance making all thinks bigger and easier to read some text and general viewing(considering the eye problem) or the 32 inch is better choice?

My first priority is health of my eyes...

Any help would be appreciated...

I have always found plasma TV's much more relaxing to watch than LCD's. I think they don't have the blue light that LCD's have that (apparently) is bad for us. Also, motion is smooth and colours are more natural. Have also read that they emit light (instead of blocking like LCD) and do so at a speed which synchronizes with how our eyes detect movement. Not sure about exact science behind this!For me, plasma is kinder on my eyes than LCD.

This brand new 43" Samsung plasma has just popped up on Tesco's ebay outlet;

Samsung PE43H4500 Series 4 43" Plasma TV HD Ready 720p With Freeview Black

It's a great TV. The only issue it has is a reflective screen so if it's opposite a window or you only watch Tv during the day maybe not ideal. If however you watch TV mainly at night then it wouldn't be a problem.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Same here, I think it is down to the persistence of the phosphor.

Same here, I think it is down to the persistence of the phosphor.

Interesting. I will have to google that! Another aspect of a plasma's performance that might be better for 'Akis123' is the more controlled contrast performance. A plasma gives a beautifully graded contrast which isn't as sudden and jarring on the eyes like LCD.

I thought it could be useful to the op if I show this difference by uploading some pics of a Samsung PS43F4500 (basically same as H4500) and also a Samsung EH5000 LCD. Please excuse the grainy images...it's my phone camera! Sunrise and Lizard are on the plasma. 5th Element on the Eh5000. I think this shows really well the more nuanced contrast of plasma.

Attachments

• sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 20
  • lizard.jpg
    lizard.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 15
  • eh5000.jpg
    eh5000.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 21
Hello everybody....
I have astigmatism and hypermetropia(eyes problem)
I want to buy a new tv...

My viewing distance is minimum 1.6m and max 1.8m...

I chose 2 TV's one is 32 inch and the other is 43inch(very good offer)
My material is gonna be mostly 1080p from htpc or console gaming...

Would a 43 inch tv be good from my viewing distance making all thinks bigger and easier to read some text and general viewing(considering the eye problem) or the 32 inch is better choice?

My first priority is health of my eyes...

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi i have Eye problems as well my viewing distance is just under 2m and my last tv was 65" as there is less eye strain, And using a
Philips LivingColors Micro Colour Changing Mood Light to beam light on the wall at the back on the tv (see picture attached of old setup) i use blue light as i was told blue light it good to relax and reduces eye strain as well, I'm now looking for a new tv and thinking i may get the new
panasonic TX65DX902B as better picture and good lit room will be better for me, so for you what i would do is go to some where like a richer sounds as they have demo rooms and you can sit and see which one is best for you, places like currys are to bright and most of the stuff don't know the ins and outs of the tv's this is why i like richer sounds they have the knowledge and nice demo rooms.

Attachments

• 553280_1496254487330654_4584004331073550699_n.jpg
    553280_1496254487330654_4584004331073550699_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom