32 inch lcd with freeview in Aldi

dog-man

Standard Member
Anyone know anything about this television which will be available on Thursday?

htt*://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_362.html

My son is after an inexpensive 32 inch tv, but is this one worth getting or is it best to avoid it?

dog-man

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
The small print mentions by implication that it's a Tevion.
Search on "Aldi" (and possibly Tevion) in this forum to see what experiences were with previous Tevions from Aldi.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

dog-man

Standard Member
Yes, I know it is a Tevion.

I cannot find anything which seems to correspond to this particular model, but obviously can find comments on previous Tevion lcd's.

I have had a few Tevion products personally and have had mixed success with them.

Generally, they seem to be ok. Not the best, but adequate for those on a low budget wanting something of resonable quality, as is the case for my son.

dog-man

200bhp

I think the problem is what they say it does...

and what it actually does can be different !

Therefore its hard to judge it, although I guess their returns policy still applies.

Perhaps the question is :

Is there anything better out there for the money ?

dog-man

Standard Member
As you say, the returns policy is good.

Aldi seldom refuse to take anything recently purchased back for an refund. :smashin:

I think my son will try and get one with that knowledge.

dog-man

xxluciferxxd

Standard Member
the best way to judge it would be to see up and running, however i doubt aldi would actually have one on display, as you say the returns policy seems to be good. could be worth a punt and if it turns out crap take it back.

civicR

Standard Member
I'm thinking of getting one myself but it doesn't say what the panel resolution is so i will have to check that in the shop but i guess it is 1366x768 and not really 1080i but 720p will do for the 360. :)

stanno

Standard Member
Well, I got there early and got one. Bloody heavy to get home (on the bus!).

First impressions: It looks fairly cheap, only to be expected I guess, but not really a problem (I may cover up the Tevion silver logo with a bit of black tape!). I was really worried when I went through the auto-setup procedure and started watching on the internal digital receiver. The picture was pretty bad and there was a very noticeable sync problem with audio and picture, ranging from small to huge, but always there.

I was about to re-box it and struggle back to Aldi's when I thought about trying my old freeview box. Connected by scart, made sure the settings on box and TV were compatible, and, lo, a perfect picture and properly synced sound. I assume that they have cut costs by putting in a cheap (ie useless) digital tuner.

I'm now very happy, and glad that I have a 3-year full labour and parts warranty (including a pick-up and delivery service) - that's what swung it for me in the end.

Neilypeel

Standard Member
Anyone else purchased this? My Mum wants a bigger telly and saw this offer. She could stretch to £600, so any views on other 32" LCDs around that price would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

ABLE

Standard Member
Anyone else purchased this? My Mum wants a bigger telly and saw this offer. She could stretch to £600, so any views on other 32" LCDs around that price would be appreciated. :thumbsup:
Have a samsung 32" r87 and its the mutts nuts, takes a bit of tweaking for your own pic requirements but loads of settings to achieve it, 3 hdmi, component, 2 scart and optical out..all for £499 (£469 current) from costco with 3 year cover, although i think you can get it even cheaper on the net. Started off with a tevion 32" a couple of years ago, there was a mega thread about it on here as it had a lot of issues and although pic was good it didnt do exactly what it said on the tin.

nitro23456

Banned
if she can stretch to £600 you shouldnt even be considering the Tevion from Aldi.

For £600 you can get the best 32 inch panel currently available complete with a 5 year warranty from John Lewis - namely the panasonic in my sig.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom