32" HD TV that works with 1080p signal

Firthy22

Novice Member
Hi all, new to the forum and need some advice please. I have a Sky Q box connected to a 4 way 4k HDMI splitter which runs to two 4k TV's and a Full HD 32" TV. I want to set the the Sky resolution to 4K and when I do this both my 4K TV's work fine but my 32" HD TV receives no signal. The output for the 32" TV downscales to 1080 and sends out a 1080p signal.

Only problem is my current 32" TV will work with a 1080i signal so the downscaling doesn't work. I have also tested by setting the Sky Q output to 1080i and 1080p and the TV only works with the 1080i signal. So basically I'm trying to find out if there is a 32" Full HD Tv that will accept a 1080p signal rather than just 1080i. All Full HD TV's are described as 1080p so that doesn't help. Is there a 32" HD Tv out there that will acceot a 1080p signal. Thanks in advance for any advice.

vickster

Distinguished Member
HD ready rather than a full HD TV?

Firthy22

Novice Member
I'd be surprised if any new TV failed to accept such a signal, is yours quite an old model?
Not sure probably 18 months two years since I bought it. It's a Samsung T32E390SX 1080p but spoke with Samsung and they confirmed it only works with 1080i signal. Apparently all Full HD Tv's are classed as 1080p but most only accept 1080i signals. So not sure how I can tell which 32" Full HD Tv's will work with 1080p signal. Was hoping someone on here could help.

Firthy22

Novice Member
Think it might be a fault with the TV. I set the splitter to throughput rather than downscale. Connected a 4k TV up and tried setting Sky Q output to 720, 1080i, 1080p and 2160 and it worked perefectly on all 4 resolutions so it's definitely not the splitter or length of the HDMI cable. I then tried my 32" TV in HDMI 1 and no signal received even at 720. Same with HDMI 3 no signal received even in 720. Connected back to HDMI 2 (ARC) and works with 720 and 1080i signals but not 1080p. According to the user manual it should work with 1080p signal so it looks like faults with the HDMI inputs. Not sure where or when I bought it and guessing it's out of warranty. Looks like keep changing resolution or try a new 32" TV.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Think it might be a fault with the TV.
I was thinking the same, either its a full HD TV or it isn't, Full HD is specifically 1080P.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom