32" Hd Ready Lcd

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by s1hastie, Aug 3, 2006.

Tags:
  1. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Im in the market for a new tv. Looking for something around 32" lcd HD Ready.

Needs to be wall mountable and I must be able to connect my laptop etc up to it using the vga cable. Built in freeview tuner would also be a good bonus.

Anyone got any reccomendations for something decent that will last either if you own it already or know someone that does or have heard good things,

Only drawback is I only have around £500 to spend!

2. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    subscribing.

3. satvia geez3r

satvia geez3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For that sorta money your gonna have to go for one of the lesser brands or perhaps one of the older 'branded' models.

Im quite new to the LCD game, but i've heard some good things about the Acers and Loewe models.. they may come in at around your budget but as the ol saying goes.. you get what you pay for. Depending on your viewing distance/room size etc.. you may be better off getting a 26".. £500 = 32" average display/no name/possible reliabilty issues.. or £500 = 26" tried and tested brand, better display.

You could be unlucky and pay for a branded TV and get dead pixels or it goes bang after a few weeks but i'd say it's less likely. I've just brought myself the Samsung LE27T51B (£500) but it's for my bedroom so 32" really wasn't needed. This models been out for some time, hear pretty good things about it, good value for a branded TV, im not bothered about HDMI.. it's got HDCP-DVI and it plays well on xbox360 (the only thing im using it for)..

Don't forget.. what you using the TV for? Terrestrial TV? HD? gaming? different screens tend to be better for different materials (I hear panasonic (DX50/500) are reeeally good for standard analouge signal)..

Sorry not much help, but if you provide a bit more info im sure this place will come up with a few suggestions.

4. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    mmm mabye should consider a 26" this is for the bedroom as well. But living at home at the moment so was thinking 32" so its something of a half decent size to take with me when I move out.

Will be using it for tv viewing, not skyhd at the moment but will want to eventually. Will also use for gaming and hooking laptop up to for internet surfing.

5. Downinja

Downinja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +632
    Q321 - £600 ish

Has built in tuner, 1:1 Pixel mapping for great looking connection to PC, lots of connections for future proofing, great spec, 32", wall mountable.

6. satvia geez3r

satvia geez3r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is the one i've heard many good things about.. 32" okay its £600 (but you won't find much cheaper with this quality).

7. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Seconded - I have one too. Stonking TV, HD ready, 8ms response, detachable speakers, doesn't have too big a footprint, and the PQ puts my old Panny 32" CRT to shame. Excellent purchase:thumbsup: .

8. bcham

bcham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    i have the 6th one down http://www.aria.co.uk/productslist.asp?Submit=search&Category=253
    perfect picture ;good for dvds and xbox360 and pc.for the price you cant go wrong,

9. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  10. bcham

bcham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    i can play hd threw the conponent cable.on sky hd box.or xbox360 hd add on.when it arrives.

11. Entertainment

Entertainment
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    In "What HDTV" SKY Said they would allow "older" HD TV's to use the cononment to connect the SKY HD Box to the TV. How ever they did saythat it would only apply to SKY's channels, other channels (third party) can choose to block it for copy protection.
    Thanks,
    Andrew.