• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32 gb iPod Touch internet radio app on the Bose dock II.

Mr Quint

Distinguished Member
Good Afternoon all.

My wife picked me up the iPod touch for Christmas, wonderful device I have to say, however I have come across a small niggle when its used with my Bose dock. Please can someone help?

When the iPod is used to play anything from my Music library it will play music all day with no issue, but when I run the internet Radio app ( Music Box, Radio 2 etc ) it will play for around an hour then go silent, if I push one of the volume buttons on my Bose doc the sound comes back for another hour then disappears againr. :confused:

Its almost like the Bose doc is going into standby/power save after an hour or so, as it seems to me that when ever you are playing Music from the iPod music library your screen is on dim telling you what song is playing etc and the Bose doc knows the iPod is there but if you play the internet radio app the screen goes off after a few moments and even though music is playing from the app I am wondering if the Bose doc is thinking that the iPod isn't doing anything then puts its self in standby.

Its an odd one that I could Just about live with as it means I just have to touch the docs remote volume every hour or so if i am listening to the radio. :rolleyes:

Has anyone come across this issue at all?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom