32" for a PS3

rjk0287

Standard Member
Hey Guys,

I've just ordered a PS3 and Now need a HD tv to go with it. The TV is basically just for the PS3 mostly gaming but will also be used for Blu-Ray. The problem is I keep going round in circles and can't decide what to get.

I Have around £400 to spend, but would stretch to £450 if necesary.

Every shop I go into I get told a different thing that is needed to make the TV good for gaming: Full HD, 100HZ, high contrast. I've looked at a few TV's and would really value anyone's opinions on them, but also any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Here are the main contenders so far:

Sony Bravia KDL-32S3000 for £410
Samsung LE32A436 for £400
Toshiba 32AV505DG for £385

Like I said these arent the only ones I would consider. And I would also like to know what I should be looking for in the tv (eg. high contrast vs full hd)

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Rob

5un

Novice Member
ello

from all the readin ive done in the past few months i would say the S3000 Sony is best of the 3 but the Sammy is a newer model, but ive heard of issues with it.

May i ask where ur gettin the S3000 from £410?

Peace

Chrispy2

Standard Member
Sony S3000 is the best 32" at that price point. I have played PS3 on the KDL-26U2000U and it was fine and the S series is the next step up from the U, so the increased screen size will not hinder the performance. Plus it will go nicely together... :smashin::clap:

ChrisGgr

I agree the best is the 32S3000

rjk0287

Standard Member
ello

from all the readin ive done in the past few months i would say the S3000 Sony is best of the 3 but the Sammy is a newer model, but ive heard of issues with it.

May i ask where ur gettin the S3000 from £410?

Peace
Sorry my mistake, The s3000 im looking at is £420

rjk0287

Standard Member
Just saw another thread about the panasonic TX-32LMD70. Considering that now aswell. Really don't know which to go for.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom