• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

32" easy-to-use LCD TV needed for elderly parents

P

PaulGrier

Afternoon all

My elderly (75 & 84) parents want to upgrade their TV. They watch the occasional DVD, and have the latest Sky+ box but no HD subscription.

Ideally I'm trying to find a TV that will easily work with the Sky+ remote (or vice versa) so that they don't have to remember to press button 4 on remote A followed by button 3 on remote B. I don't really want to have to get them a universal remote unless absolutely necessary.

They also don't want loads of speakers "cluttering up the room". You know what parents are like.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation

Paul

ic1male

Standard Member
A Sony is the easiest to use with Sky - the default code on Sky remotes is for Sony TVs. You can then put the Sony remote away in the cupboard as the Sky remote will operate everything.

I should think a Sony S or P series will do them fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom