32", budget up to 400 GBP

sirlukas

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I am really sorry if something like appeared, I must have missed it.

My friend is looking for some cheap flat panel for that money, I know that it will not be amazing, unless he goes for Dell 2408WFP 24".

Can you think of anything that will be satisfactory as a TV panel for that price, probably around 30", or the best deal there is?
I have not been around the market recently and am not up to date, I am afraid.

Thank you for all responses...

Pretty sure I saw a Sony 32inch LCD in Sainsburys for that price the other day?

Edit: my mistake, thinking about it I doubt I did. Must have been more expensive surely? TBH didnt take any notice.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sony KDL32S3000 - 418 delivered - it's much better than the other one reffered in this topic

LG 32LC56 388 - about 390, not bad, but the sony above is much better

I will be buying a TV set for my parents soon (Xmas).
My budget will be 500 GBP, anything really worth having in 32' (not sure if 37' will fit in their room, but suggestions welcome)?
Their usual source is Digital Satellite TV.

That is a really good idea with that 37' plasma. Unfortunately, where I'll be buying it it is not even available at all.
Thank you for good candidates though.

Your location says Oxfordshire :confused:

Yes, I live in the UK but my parents in Poland, and Google is quiet about it over there :)

Ah. Have you tried Panasonic Poland's site, perhaps it has a different model number (only 37" plasma that Panasonic make)

Gosh, why didn't I think about it, duh!
There are two models:

1. TX-P37X10Y
2. TX-P37C10Y

They are both 1k panels. So if in future there will be an HD source, they will not be so good any more, right?

I have the previous generation, ESPN HD and Blu-ray looks great :smashin: Only blu-ray is 1080p anyhow, HD TV isn't

Finally, I decided and went for the Panasonic TX-L32X15E.
My parents do not have any HD sources and not planning to get any in the near future. It has got 100Hz refresh rate for smoother picture.
It has an SD card reader with AVCHD support so they will be able to watch HD movies from my sister's Panasonic FZ38.
I think that the choice was right, especially that Panasonic also gives 5 year warranty in Europe on products purchased until the end of January.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom